Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rose-Lemon Cupcakes

I pick up my bottles of rosewater and orange-blossom water at a Mediterranean restaurant in Corvallis called Crystals Cafe and Cuisine on Ste E, 1425 Northwest Monroe Avenue, Corvallis, OR 97330 (541) 752-6403.  Rosewater has many uses.  Here is a list: aphrodisiac, potpourri, beauty essentials, anti-aging, skin-cooling properties, natural toner, ...etc, etc, etc.  One thing I found is that it is an amazing flavor! I add to almost everything, especially my water and lemonade.  After drinking the lemonade, I smell like roses for the next few hours.  My pores seep the scent of roses.  It only takes a drop.  Seriously, get the rosey-lemonade at Crystal's! I will convert you!
()

I have also tried this recipe using lemon-ginger juice that I bought at Trader Joe's.  I replaced the rosewater with the juice in the cupcakes and the frosting. I will definitely add more rosewater recipes! They changed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment